Thursday, April 16, 2015

South Coast College Student Court Reporters at Chapman University Law School

Talented Court Reporting Students from South Coast College provided deposition reporting services for the Chapman University law students who were learning to take depositions. It is so great for South Coast College students to be able to develop these networking opportunities with future attorneys.  Here is what one student, Sabrina Guzman, had to say as posted on Facebook:  

"Today Daniela Higuers and I  (a fellow student from my school) participated in a mock deposition as part of a Chapman University Law School class for law students learning how to do depositions. There were 11 attorneys and 1 witness.  I am proud to say that despite my nervousness, I did pretty darn well! I love getting these hands-on experiences that prepare me for when I go out in the 'real world.' I did the whole thing in realtime, and I was able to keep up for the 40 pages that it went on. At the end the depo the teacher came up to me and said, 'So you should be able to get a transcript to me by Thursday; right?' 'Sure!,' I said as I mentally recalculate my week of family, school, work, and CSR review! I got this !   — feeling determined."

Earlier in the week, Katy Magner and Kathy Alona, were also volunteers at Chapman University Law School in the City of Orange.. 


Katy Magner

Kathy Alona

 If you would like to get involved with a high-paying career that affords you the opportunity to work in a variety of interesting venues, click South Coast College and GET INFO NOW!