Sunday, June 28, 2015

Court Reporter with Hearing Aid Passes RPR

South Coast College of Orange, CA, has so many alumni who have overcome incredible obstacles to reach their goal of becoming Certified Shorthand Reporters (CSRs).  

Shawnda Dorn, CSR, RPR
Another great success story is Shawda Dorn, CSR, RPR, who just passed the Registered Professional Reporter Examination (RPR). Shawnda is a successful court reporter!

Shawda shared her story on the Facebook South Cost College Alumni page with President Jean Gonzalez.

Shawnda Dorn Jean Gonzalez, I know you don't know this, but while I was in school, I had discovered I had a benign tumor that eats bone in my left ear. It ate all my ear bones, you know, the smallest bones in the body: the incus, the malleus, and the stapes. These are the bones that when the sound hits the eardrum, these bones vibrate, which are attached to the eardrum and cochlear, which then sends the signal to your brain to hear sound. I had two ear surgeries while in school. One was to remove the tumor and the other to put in an implant. The implant surgery was not successful. I have had one more ear surgery since school, but I have been wearing a hearing aid ever since the implant surgery failed. The point of this story is you can still be a court reporter with a hearing aid.



An earlier post this month highlighted South Coast College alumna, Maria Bustillos, CSR, who overcame an aneurysm while attending school to become a CSR and a working Federal Court Reporter.  Maria and Shawnda are other examples of the strong and inspirational women of South Coast College.

If you are a strong woman who will work hard to achieve a goal that leads to an exceptionally lucrative career path, click on South Coast College and  GET INFO NOW.